Monday, April 16, 2012

Venice

Leaving Bologna's Emilia Romagna region, we headed about 100 miles North East into the Veneto.  Time for Venice!


Before I go on about Venice, I have to give a shout out.  There's a little town just outside of Venice called Mestre.  It's basically sitting at the other side of the bridge before you drive onto the island.  We were starving by the time we made it this far, so we decided to randomly pull over in Mestre.  


Kyra pulled out her phone and lead us to a restaurant called "Tavernetta A Scuea".  Holy crap!  I didn't have my camera with me because I was so hungry I left it in the car, but this was one of the best meals of the trip!  I know that Kyra and Jessah got some photos.  We were the only party in the restaurant for lunch.  There were only three people working: the front of the house lady, the chef, and his helper.  They were laughing at us because we were so enthusiastic about their food.  We took photos of the food and the chef.  If you're ever going to Venice, you HAVE to check this place out!


OK, on to Venice!


Gondolas on Piazza St Marco, overlooking the entry into the Grand Canal.



Kyra and I on the Rialto.  That's also my spiffy new leather jacket that I picked up in Florence :)

The view from the Rialto.



Fish market!

Shrimp ("gambas")

Scallops.

Sardines.

More scallops!

We had lunch on the Grand Canal.  This was the view from my table.


Seafood salad appetizer.

Squid Ink pasta.


Squid Ink teeth!

Cool bridge.


Cheryl!

I haven't seen Cheryl in six years.  She flew down from England to hang with us in Venice for a few days :)

Our apartment was pretty cool.  That's my laundry hanging on the line with the guy in the gondola photographing my undies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

- See more at: http://www.bloggerology.com/2013/06/chronological-order-blogger-posts.html#sthash.EBIElZtF.dpuf