Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Isle of Burano

Friday we hopped on a boat to the islands of Murano and Burano.



You may have heard of Murano glass.  It's everywhere in Venice, and that's where it's made. You can get Murano glass just about anywhere in Venice, but the real quest was on Burano:
 




The restaurant in the above video: Trattoria DaRomano.


They invited us back into the kitchen to watch them make the risotto.

Mmmmm, risotto!

Check out this risotto I found!

Burano is quite the picturesque little sea town.

One of my missions while on this Italy trip was that my aunt Deanna had tasked me with finding an old lady in Venice who was hand sewing lace.

If found Lydia, sitting here sewing extremely intricate lace.

Some of these table clothes took years to sew and cost over $5000.  I didn't buy one of those.  But I did get a nice one!

This place even has a lace museum.  Burano is the place for lace!



No comments:

Post a Comment

- See more at: http://www.bloggerology.com/2013/06/chronological-order-blogger-posts.html#sthash.EBIElZtF.dpuf